Paleo Blueberry Muffins are my favorite snack to bring my Doula clients! I’ve been experimenting with recipes lately because my plan is to stock my freezer for late pregnancy and early newborn days. This is a great time of year to freeze blueberry muffins so you can take advantage of summer’s delicious in-season blueberries! I’m getting a list of healthy, hearty, filling, easy-to-reheat recipes together for a week of cooking and baking at Thanksgiving before my baby gets here, so look for more freezer friendly food on the blog then!
Paleo Blueberry Muffins are at the top of my freezer list because blueberries are a “galactagogue,” meaning they promote milk production. I’ll also be sharing a paleo lactation cookie recipe soon!
Please comment below if there was something you really enjoyed having on hand during late pregnancy and early breastfeeding days! Matt and I are also thinking about doing a meal service plan like Blue Apron or Sunbasket so we are not dependent on take out or processed foods, and can really control what is going into our bodies and into my breastmilk.
By the way, these muffins aren’t just for lactating Moms! They are great for kids & husbands too, and my co-workers REALLY enjoyed the batch I made them this week! It’s so fun to surprise people with tasty treats by introducing them to delicious sugar-free, dairy-free, grain-free options (but always give them the nut warning for almond flour!)
And Mondays always need a little more cheer 🙂
Paleo Blueberry Muffins (makes 12 muffins)
You will need 30 minutes and
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2-3 tbsp honey or maple syrup for sweetness
- 1/2 cup of coconut or almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line tin with muffin cups
- Mix almond flour, salt, and baking soda together
- Mix wet ingredients separately
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and fold in blueberries
- Bake for 20+ minutes until a dry toothpick can be removed
- Set to cool on a wire rack!! If you are freezing, i would double or even triple this recipe, which is easy to do and still works!