We had a rainy fall weekend here in NC, which is one of my favorite types of weather! We went on two long runs with our dogs and I finally got to whip up one of my favorite fall recipes: Bison & Acorn squash Chili. My recipe was featured on Mind Body Green this year, so go on over and check it out on my favorite health blog.2
We were supposed to go apple picking this weekend, but our outing and my paleo apple bread got rained out. Instead, I whipped up some Paleo Pumpkin bread. I went a little crazy with the cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger, but this definitely tastes like fall, so I recommend to all! This is my own recipe, and if you haven’t noticed, I like to keep it simple with the measurements and ingredients.
- 2 1/2 cups Almond Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Lots of ground pumpkin pie spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, cardamom and ginger ( i do 1-2 teaspoons each)
- pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup organic pureed pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Mix your first 4 ingredients in a bowl (dry ones)
- Mix your wet ingredients in a separate bowl until smooth
- Combine all ingredients into one bowl and mix until all is incorporated evenly
- Pour into bread pan and bake for 45-55 minutes.
Disclaimer: Know thy Oven!! And know thyself: I like REALLY moist bread that falls apart.